Resource Menu

posted by Robert Young at Sep 16, 2006 6:34 PM
This has been submitted as a bug Moving a Project resource causes a security error, but there is a work around.

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Aug 2, 2006 9:27 AM
What I mean is that the URI used for the ACL (security) might not have been updated during the move and point to the old group URI which does not exist anymore.

Is that true ? Or is it something different ?

posted by Robert Young at Aug 2, 2006 1:43 AM
If your question about the security being valid means that there is a correct security configuration defined, then yes, the security is valid. If that is not what you mean, please explain.

I am inclined to lean towards libresource not moving the project correctly. One issue is that my project name was someproject and I renamed it to someProject (capital letter - camel humps). I don't know if this would be an issue, but on other projects, it is also an issue even though the naming was changed to something entirely different.

If I grant security on each level to the individual user, I can get things to work, but I can't get things to work with granting permissions to a group within a security group.

Any help will be appreciated.

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Aug 1, 2006 10:18 AM
Hello Robert,

Is the security on your project still valid regarding the URI of your security group ? Or did LibreSource made a mistake on those URI when you moved your project ?

Regards,

Artenum Team

posted by Robert Young at Jul 31, 2006 11:06 PM
One other thing. I don't want the guest user to have access to these resources. That is why it was removed.
posted by Robert Young at Jul 31, 2006 11:05 PM
I have been creating new projects, and users and moving projects. After I thought I was complete, I have been seeing a lot of security errors. First, if I remove the guest user from the observer group of a project, unauthenticated users can't access the project, and they are directed to an error page. See message below:

Error in checkSecurity : Error in checkSecurity : error in MembershipService.canMapConnectedResource(/users/guest,/projects/nvsCorp/developers)

Also, If I have a user, or group defined in the developer, or manager group, they can't see the project. Groups fail completely, and users must also be defined in the observer group, even though the developer group is defined in the observer group. They get a similar error to the one above.

What can I do to fix this. Is this a bug, or an issue with not having the security setup correctly.